(poo-lay' rooj fare-myay' do pee-moan')
"The Other Red Meat"
- An original Label Rouge rustic breed from France
- Never before grown in the U.S.
- Grown following Label Rouge standards
- Air chilled
- Grown on small farms in Piedmont, N.C.
- No antibiotics, hormones, growth stimulants
- Fed all-grain diet with no animal byproducts
- Regarded as the chicken with the finest culinary qualities in the world
- Enhanced flavor, great meat texture, very thin skin
Please check out this short video clip... CLICK HERE
POULET ROUGE FERMIER (Red Heritage Chicken): In North America, all commercial, natural and organic chickens are produced from very similar genetic stock, which are fast growing, white feathered birds that grow to 5#-7# in about 6 weeks. Although this bird is very efficient in feed conversion and growing time, it lacks the culinary qualities of birds grown in specialty programs in Europe and other parts of the world. A market exists for chefs in fine dining restaurants to offer their guests a chicken that is distinguishably different from chickens served in casual dining and fast food restaurants whose menus are priced much lower. The same needs exist for specialty retailers to be able to offer poultry products that are different from their chain store competition.
This information is from the Joyce Foods Web Page.